Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cellphones

Lately I have been wanting to get a new phone, and perhaps, switch to a different provider. I read several gadget blogs, including the very popular Gizmodo. I want to get a cool, slim phone that can play mp3s, or at least mp3 ringtones. I currently have Verizon (in a business plan with parents), and have an upgrade using Verizon's 2 year upgrade program thingy, that requires another two years be added to our contract. I could get a RAZR for free, but I hear that Verizon stupidly blocks the use of MP3 ringtones for their phones. I could get the new Chocolate phone for 50 bucks, but I have heard that Verizon will not alow the use of your own MP3s, that instead you have to buy the songs from them for 2 dollars (WTF kind of price is that anyway?!). If anyone is an expert on phones, their advice would be really helpfull. Also, a co-worker of mine said that her husband heard that an iPod phone is comming out withen a month or two, is this true, and if so should I wait to upgrade my phone? Perhaps she just meant a phone that was even better than the current phones with iTunes capability, because as far as I know, their is no official information about an iPod phone. Please comment if you know anything, and your email would be great so I can get in touch with you if you are an expert (I'll delete it after I get it if you want)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home